The maintenance program
Allows you to add, change and delete items in the database at the same time the database is being used for enquiries
The main features of the maintenance program are:
- Allows you to add, change and delete items in the database at the same time the database is being used for enquiries
- You can edit items using plain text or, if you prefer, you can incorporate HTML to:
- Change the style of your text (colour, bold, italic, etc)
- Change the layout of your text (bullets, indents, etc)
- Add links to: other documents in the local information system; local information searches; intranet and web pages
- Explicit linking of items to web pages, intranet pages and documents in your network with the ability to automatically check links are still valid
- As well as the search facilities provided by the enquiry program, you can find items:
- by database id - useful as a way for people to refer to issues in items
- by local information reference - helps you keep the database in step with your paper files
- that haven't changed for a while - helps identify out of date items
- that have changed recently - supports peer review among database editors
- that need to be reviewed because you have set a review date
- Provides several methods for maintaining indexes and search terms allowing people to find items using terms that aren't in the item itself; useful for:
- Entering synonyms and abbreviations
- Creating search terms for items that simply refer to information in web pages
- Access to the program can be controlled by id and password, or Windows logon
- Support for: compacting the database; searching for and fixing database corruptions
- Each person can resize the text in the system to fit their needs
- People can change the size and layout of the enquiry screen to fit the way they work and the screen they are using
- Context-sensitive help is available throughout
We provide a short walk-through of the maintenance program that includes screen shots so you can see what the system looks like.
Find out about other components of the desktop version.
Find out about the intranet version.
Get your free copy of the Local Information System.